Making a Great First Impression
An accurate impression is essential for effective treatment planning and orthodontic care. The iTero® Element Scanner captures the contours of tooth and gingival structures, producing an accurate digital orthodontic scan in just minutes. Dr. Guelff’s orthodontic office is the first and only dental office in Highlands County to offer iTero® technology.
The iTero® Element handheld wand takes a digital, 3D image of your teeth in as little as 5 minutes! You can look at the iTero 3D image on the screen in real-time. Now instead of UPS shipping impressions to the lab to be scanned, the digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign® Clincheck system within hours. The accuracy and detail of the iTero® scan versus a putty impression is kind of like watching HDTV over standard definition TV. The iTero® scan is ten times more accurate than traditional impressions. This allows for better Invisalign® aligner fit.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- ELIMINATES IMPRESSIONS, the most invasive procedure in daily orthodontic care.
- SUPERIOR ACCURACY with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection.
- ONSCREEN VISUALIZATION allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
- INCREASED PATIENT COMFORT by eliminating the goop and gagging with traditional impressions.
- SINGLE USE IMAGING SHIELD to ensure maximum cleanliness.